Mission and Goals
Our mission is to support high-quality academic preparation programs that lead to student academic success and increased college-going for students in our region through collaboration with K-12 schools and districts, colleges and universities, community based organizations, philanthropic foundations, business and industry leaders, families and communities.
OEP promotes success in higher education through developing effective programs and advancing preschool – through college (P-20) educational initiatives, together with campus and community partners.
OEP key strategies include:
- Individualized academic advising
- Tutoring and mentoring by UCSB students
- Workshops on college planning and financial aid
- Leadership groups for parents and guardians
- After-school homework assistance
- Summer enrichment programs
- Student leadership opportunities
- Cultural knowledge and activities
- College visits
- Teacher professional development
- P-20Preschool-College partnerships and engagement
- Community engagement
- Increase college going rates among underrepresented students, primarily low-income students, and those who would be the first in their families to attend college.
- Partner with K-12Kindergarten-Grade 12 schools to close the achievement gap and expand educational opportunities and career pathways for all students.
- Develop resources and broad based partnerships to support student success all along the P-20Preschool-College educational pathway.
- Build a college going culture in our local communities for future generations of underrepresented students though leadership development programs for parents and families.